We are pleased to announce the first call for papers for the 3rd Białystok-Kyiv Conference on Theoretical and Applied Linguistics, which will be held at the University of Białystok, Poland, 5-6 December 2019.
The special theme: Language in Use: Linguistic and Pedagogical Perspectives, aims to focus the attention of all scholars interested in language on its communicative meaning and the scope of its nature. In analysing these issues, we would like to combine a wide array of perspectives, including, but not limited to, cognitive linguistics, cognitive translatology, anthropolinguistics, socio- and psycholinguistics, computational linguistics and discourse analysis.
Possible sub-themes include, but are not limited to, the following subject areas:
– issues in first and second language learning,
– language processing and language acquisition,
– applied cognitive linguistics,
– the newest trends in foreign language teaching,
– constructional and embodied approach to grammar,
– interlinguistic and intercultural pragmatics,
– language and situatedness,
– language and identity,
– cognitive translatology.
Proposals in other relevant research areas are also welcome.
LANGUAGE OF PUBLICATION
- All proposals must be original and previously unpublished. Please include an abstract as an attachment (as a doc/docx file). The time allocated for a presentation is 20 minutes, with a further 10 minutes allowed for discussion.
- 200-300 words without references